“In yoga nidra, we go to sleep to wake up." – Tracee Stanley
This week, we welcome the ever-radiant yoga and meditation teacher Tracee Stanley to sit down with Tal for an empowering conversation on finding your voice, creating your resolve, and following your dharma. Now a teacher for over 17 years, Tracee left her career as a successful Hollywood producer in order to take more responsibility for what she was putting out into the world. She shares the deep practices of yoga nidra—what she calls going to sleep in order to wake up —and using the yogic intention of sankalpa to change your thoughts, your habits, and ultimately, your life. At the end of the episode, Tracee guides us in a beautiful meditation to find clarity.
Don’t miss Tracee at The DEN Studio City for a very special Day Long Retreat – Yoga Nidra and Self Inquiry for Creative Activation on September 21st from 9am-6pm. Go to www.DENretreats.com for more information!
“Is it possible that you’re absolutely beautiful and divine as you are?” – Tracee Stanley
- One Day Retreat
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
- Empowered Life Self-Inquiry Oracle deck
- Empowered Life Journal
- DENtalks Live: Female Bosses
- Teacher Training Certification
- Reiki Certification
- Intuitive Healing
- Animal Communications Training
- Compassion Training
- Yoga Nidra
- How to create a sankalpa
- Yoga Sutra
- The Four Desires (Rod Stryker)
- Tantra Yoga
- Sage Shankaracharya
- Daily practice: I journal – usually some form of Morning pages – as well as pull from my and other cards.
- First thing you do when you wake up: I pause in the transition between sleeping and waking. I notice the transition and see what’s there.
- Self-care hack: I do an Abhyanga warm oil massage every day. It is divine. It’s a way to say I honor and love myself.
- Life advice: Find out what negative mental construct or limiting belief is running through your life so you can eradicate it.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.