“If you’re an entrepreneur you’re always one." – Sophia Rossi
In this week’s episode, we’re talking with major girl boss Sophia Rossi about work, life transitions, and how to integrate spirituality across it all. A former producer of the hit TV show The Hills and cofounder of HelloGiggles alongside Zooey Deschanel and Molly McAlleer, Sophia is no stranger to kicking butt at anything she does. But after HelloGiggles successfully sold, she found herself slightly lost for what was next and reevaluating her values. We talk about how both her Jewish roots and Transcendental Meditation practice have shaped her perspective and regular rituals (including the ability to turn her phone off and set harder boundaries), the power of positivity and an online community, and ultimately how to go through challenging times to honor your experience on the other side.
“You have to re-heal your body. That’s how you honor yourself in the next round.” – Sophia Rossi
- Excerpt from Cleo Wade
- Book That’s Been a Life Source for You: “The Sabbath“ by Abraham Heschel
- What Self Help Practice Resonates With You Most: My time at The Hoffman Institute. You really get to the core of breaking patterns.
- Inspiring Teacher: Tara Brach
- Movie or Documentary That Has Moved You: Beverly Hills, 90210 shaped my personality the most!
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.