“I don’t think we recognize the cost of lying to ourselves." – Shannon Algeo
This week we sit down with yoga and meditation teacher, speaker, life coach, and host of the popular SoulFeed podcast, Shannon Algeo! After listening to him talk, you won’t be surprised that Shannon has been named one of the “Nicest Instructors in New York City”. We go into his innate sense of honesty and dedication to seeking truth—even when it’s hard—and discuss just how powerful vulnerability and authenticity can be in creating opportunities to connect with one another in a world that can seem to hide behind a façade of perfection on social media today. We dive into how his religious upbringing has shaped his practices and beliefs, a few tools for manifesting, breaking unconscious patterns, and more. Plus, stay tuned for a 10-minute energy-centered meditation Shannon guides us in at the end of the episode!
“It’s not about how you present, it’s about what happens when the door is closed.” – Shannon Algeo
- Energy-Centering Meditation
- Marianne Williamson
- Deepak Chopra
- Pema Chodron
- Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Brene Brown
- Steve Jobs Commencement Speech
- Caroline Myss
- Gabby Bernstein
- Protestantism in Ireland
- Bar & Bat Mitzvah
- Comparative Religion
- Attachment Theory
Yoga & Vedic References
- Favorite book: “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle, “Daring Greatly” by Brene Brown, “When Things Fall Apart” by Pema Chodron, and “Carry On, Warrior” by Glennon Doyle
- Inspirational teacher: Glennon Doyle, Brene Brown, Seane Corn, Elena Brower, and Marianne Williamson
- Favorite Documentary or Movie: 13th, The Keepers
- Daily Practice: Yoga Nidra meditation, daily gratitude list (see Facebook group 100 Days of Gratitude – All Unicorns Welcome), and writing.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.