“Ask yourself what would make you smile today and do it." – Sebastian Terry
We couldn’t think of a better guest to start the New Year off with than the highly motivational and adventurous author, speaker, and bucket-lister, Sebastian Terry! Inspired to reevaluate his life after the death of a close friend, Sebastian packed up and set off to check off an initial bucket list of “100 Things” all over the world. From marrying a stranger in Vegas to helping a quadriplegic run a marathon, Sebastian shares what he’s learned about himself and what’s truly important after over 10 years of traveling the world, connecting with strangers, and putting faith in the universe to keep him afloat. It’s sure to give you a fresh perspective on the changes you can make to be happier today, and ultimately, how you choose to live your life. We challenge you to start the New Year by creating your own list for 2019!
“The floodgates open when you give yourself permission.” – Sebastian Terry
- “The Dash” by Linda Ellis (poem)
100 Things References
- Marry a Stranger in Vegas
- Visit an Inmate on Death Row
- Skydive Naked
- Deliver a Baby
- Week of Silence
- Kiss a Celebrity: Sharon Osbourne
- Get Shot with a Bulletproof Vest
- Help a Stranger: Miracle Marathon
- Current obsession: 5Rhythms dancing
- Daily practice: Write down what you want to do. Think about what’s important to you.
- Food you can’t live without: Açai bowls
- Self-care hack: Help somebody and you’ll feel amazing.
BONUS Life advice: Continually try to work out who you are, but realize that it changes as you live.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.