“Love big, forgive always, do good, and don’t be an asshole!" – Seane Corn
We were honored to have internationally celebrated yoga teacher and activist, Seane Corn, join us at DEN Meditation for an intimate DENtalks LIVE podcast! This conversation goes deep, shedding light on the realities of society, with guidance on how to begin dismantling the systems that divide us by simply turning inward and doing the hard work itself. Seane shares how her upbringing led her to yoga, discovering God in the most unlikely of places (you won’t believe where), spiritual democracy, and personal stories that have shaped who she is and her yoga practice. Seane is known for her impassioned activism which shines throughout this conversation, leading us to definitive steps we can all take to help dismantle our inherited beliefs and assumptions. Don’t miss her Personal Practice at the end of the episode which is a beautiful Revolution of the Soul Meditation and Prayer.
“I pray to not go to sleep, to stay present to the realities of the world, and to contribute to social change from the inside out.” – Seane Corn
- Revolution of the Soul Meditation and Prayer
- Off the Mat Website
- Off the Mat – EVENTS
- Seane Corn’s Website
- Race in America: Learning and Listening Tour
- South Dakota Into the Holy Land event
Martin Luther King Jr.
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historical Park in Atlanta
- Martin Luther King’s last speech
- Good Samaritan Speech
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? I make myself tea & read the news before getting on my mat or meditate so I can dedicate my practice to whatever is going on in the world – I use my body to pray.
- Favorite movie or documentary: Three Identical Strangers
- Current Obsession: My dog!
- Food drink or object you can’t live without: Fortune Delight Tea
BONUS: One piece of Life Advice: “Love big, forgive always, do good, and don’t be an asshole”
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.