“The elephant doesn’t know it can break free from the chains, so it doesn’t try." – Rosie Acosta
This week, LA-based yoga & meditation teacher, holistic health coach, and the woman behind the top-rated Radically Loved Podcast, Rosie Acosta, joins DENtalks! Rosie gets real about her struggles: from growing up in a one-bedroom apartment with 8 people in East LA, to hearing gunshots in the middle of the night, to experiencing panic attacks by the time she was just 13, it’s been a tough road. But what makes her story truly inspiring is how Rosie changed her life by shifting her perspective — a power we can all tap into (and which she shares in her 5-10 minute Personal Practice). Rosie reminds us that overcoming hardship is the key to understanding and fulfilling your life potential; it’s a conversation you won’t want to miss this!
“Everything’s in our mind. All those blocks, they’re all made-up situations. They’re all narrative.” – Rosie Acosta
- Shift Your Perspective
DEN Meditation Mentions
Lunch on Me
LA Area Mentions
- How to Build a Visualization Meditation Practice
- Love Your Brain Visualization Meditations
- 8 Successful People Who Use the Power of Visualization
- Favorite Book: The Four Agreements
- Type of Meditation You Rely on the Most: Visualization Meditation
- Daily Practice: I have a daily yoga and meditation practice. I also free-write every morning for at least 15 minutes.
- Favorite Self-Care Hack: 15 to 20 seconds of ice cold water at the end of the shower. It helps regenerate your cells and give you a little bit of a shock. Try it for a week and see if it makes a difference.BONUS: One Piece of Life Advice: Always take an opportunity to be grateful for your life. Instead of reacting, choose to reframe negative thinking. Always know that the truest thing, and the truest wisdom is in your heart.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.