“Whether we’re seeing our visual environment ourselves or not, our subconscious is seeing it." – Meghan Wallace James
This week on DENtalks Podcast, modern feng shui consultant Meghan Wallace James joins us to give some inspiring yet practical tips for elevating your space, just in time for the New Year! Whether it’s taking a critical look at how your space is set up to attract or make room for a partner, or creating a designated workspace that sets you up for more more opportunity and collaboration, Meghan shows us how making simple changes in your home can hit fast forward on what’s already happening in your life or what you would like to happen. She also teaches us practices from the ancient arts of the bagua, astrology, numerology (the number of your home has meaning), and so much more. Stick around for her personal practice where she leads us in some great self-inquiry to call in the one!
“Your house should support you. It should be tailored to your needs and your growth.” – Meghan Wallace James
- MEDITATION: Collection of Self – Inquiry Questions for Calling in The One
Wellness Concepts & Practices
- Iris (Greek mythology)
- Hestia (Greek mythology)
- Columbia University
- Columbia University Landscape Design
- UCLA Architecture & Interior Design
- “Study finds that the average family use only 40% of their home’s floorpan regularly.”
Concepts & Practices
- First thing you do when you wake up: I wake up at 5am, make coffee – either Italian mocha or french press – and I just sit, and I feel.
- Self-care Hack: Salt burn (check out the recipe!)
- Inspirational Teacher: Joseph Campbell. I’ve been re-watching his 80’s mini series.
- Type of meditation you rely on the most: Walking meditations. At dusk I go with no headphones, no sunglasses, and look at the homes and hear the stories they’re telling me.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.