“Meditation gives you the grace time to decide how you want to be and who you want to be.” – Megan Monahan
After several years in a high-pressure position in the music industry, Megan Monahan went in search of a life with more balance. She left the car-culture of Los Angeles and headed south to the coastal retreat of San Diego. Away from the urban sprawl, Megan was able to destress and immerse herself in her own healing at the Chopra Center of Wellbeing. The teachings resonated, and Megan knew something had shifted within, including the ability to practice forgiveness and love unconditionally. She continued her studies under the tutelage of Dr. Chopra and became a certified instructor in Sound Meditation. Megan is the author of Don’t Hate, Meditate and continues to teach meditation and yoga to help others transform their lives. We are so lucky to have her with us at The DEN for a light hearted conversation about meditation, forgiveness, and finding inner calm.
“It took my physical body to start breaking down in a way that was unavoidable for me to look at my life and what was causing stress.” – Megan Monahan
- Presence Meditation
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? I usually work out first and then meditate.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? I don’t feel guilty about too many pleasures. I’ve recently ordered a lot of things on Amazon. I really enjoy browsing on Amazon.
- If you were going to get a new tattoo this week, what would it be? My dad’s handwriting off of a really meaningful card.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.