“Nature is the most powerful healer.” – Deborah Hanekamp
We are so lucky to have seeress and healer, Deborah Hanekamp – aka Mama Medicine, all the way from New York, where she runs her own energy healing space called Space by Mama Medicine, with us today on DENtalks Podcast! Deborah knew she wanted to heal the world at age 8 and after many years of exploration into the healing arts, including eight years going back and forth from the Amazon jungle – she used the wisdom and knowledge she gained to create her own modality called medicine readings. Known as “Fashion’s Favorite Healer,” Deborah shares with us her own healing journey, how she is still finding the balance of business and spirituality, her favorite ritual baths, and how she sees energy through aura colors – we even talk about what can affect your aura like sleeping with multiple partners or addiction. Trust us, this is not your average aura talk! Deborah is such a beautiful light in the wellness space, encouraging all of us that we are our own healers and she is simply here to help turn on the light switch. We are so excited and honored to have Deborah at The DEN for a special Medicine Reading Ceremony event on August 16th! Go to www.DENmeditation.com to reserve your space, it is going to be a magical afternoon!
“If we’re having a hard time finding direction or our truth, we just need to focus on what we wanted to do when we were 8.” – Deborah Hanekamp
- Ritual Bath for Empowerment
- Do you journal or have a daily practice? Waking up very early, around 5am, having 2 hours to herself before her family wakes up – at least 5 days a week. Makes tea/coffee/hot water with lemon, some sort of warm drink, and sit and meditate for about an hour.
- What’s a helpful tip for valuable meditation Creating a space for you to meditate in.
- What is your favorite self-care hack? Baths. Or if you don’t have a bathtub you can also do a footbath or create an infusion of the different herbs into the shower with you and bathe yourself in that
- If you had one piece of life advice to give everyone, what would it be? Patience, presence, and perseverance
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.