“Lymphatic work made me feel at home in my body." – Lisa Gainsley
This week certified lymphedema therapist Lisa Gainsley from The Lymphatic Message gives us a deep dive into everything you ever wanted to know about your lymphatic system, including a super special personal practice on how to give yourself your very own lymphatic massage. She explains everything about the “sewer system” responsible for draining toxins and integral to a healthy immune system in super simple terms, and shares tips and tricks on keeping it at peak performance. We also delve into how her mom’s battle with cancer ultimately influenced her path as a holistic healer, and how meditation, bodywork, and an important book helped get her through and hold onto the idea that there was something more beyond this life.
“Glow from the inside out.” – Lisa Gainsley
- Do-It-Yourself Lymphatic Massage
- DENtalks Live: Female Bosses (April 25)
- Meditation teacher training
- Intuitive healing training
- Animal communications training
Lymphatic & Body Work References
- Lymphatic system
- Neuromuscular re-programming
- Dr. Vodder Method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Compression bandaging
- Tumeric and inflammation
- Craniosacral massage
- MTFHR gene
- Sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system
- Adrenal fatigue
- Gua sha stone
Yoga, Meditation & Metaphysical References
- Silva method of meditation
- Seane Corn
- “Out on a Limb” by Shirley MacLaine
- Tai Chi and Qigong
- Zen meditation
- San Francisco Zen Center
- Tassajara Zen Center
- Dalai Lama
- Bodhi Tree bookstore
- Most inspirational teacher: My former math teacher, who introduced me to Shirley MacLaine. Shirley MacLaine, who introduced the world to the concept of reincarnation. And my former lymphatic massage teacher, who gave me this work and lineage to share.
- Type of meditation you rely on the most: Silva method
- Current obsession: Infrared biomat. It has the infrared technology embedded in a yoga mat with amethyst crystals that conduct the infrared heat through your body at the cellular level.
- Favorite Self Care Hack: Lymphatic self massage
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.