“You’re always where you need to be as long as you’re following your heart." – Light Watkins
This week on DENtalks Podcast we sit down with the amazing teacher, Light Watkins, to talk serendipity, synchronicity and taking the leaps of faith that require you to build a safety net on the way down. Light is a former model-turned-accomplished author, speaker and Vedic meditation teacher who left his first job in advertising after just 3 months for a one-way ticket to Paris with his life in a duffle bag. He is a true example of how things will always fall into place exactly how they’re supposed to as long as you have faith in the Universe. Light reminds us all that following your heart will never let you down. Plus, stick around as Light guides us through a 5 minute breathing practice at the end of the episode!
“Happiness is an exercise.” – Light Watkins
- Simple Breathing Practice
- Bliss More: How to Succeed in Meditation Without Really Trying
- The Inner Gym: A 30-Day Workout for Strengthening Happiness
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
People to Check Out
- Inspirational Teacher: Philosophize This! Podcast
- Current Obsession: Traveling and pushing the boundaries of what a successful life looks like.
- Helpful Tip for Meditation: Be relaxed, sit like you’re watching TV, and don’t have expectations. Make friends with your mind and love your mind.
- Life Advice: You get what you INSPECT not what you EXPECT.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.