“Healing is never ending.” – Laurasia Mattingly.
This week we are excited to sit down with one of our very own DEN teachers, Laurasia Mattingly. Laurasia started out at The DEN as a volunteer at the front desk and through determination to grow and follow her joy, she became a certified meditation/mindfulness teacher and reiki master and now teaches regularly at The DEN. In this episode, we talk about what drew her to develop her spiritual practice and the series of events that brought her to the DEN after studying for a career in broadcast journalism. She shares with us how the loss of her mother unconsciously lead her down a path of reckless behavior and self numbing and how discovering meditation and mindfulness brought awareness to what she was doing so she could begin the healing process. We talk more about the experience of losing a loved one and how to support someone going through it, as well as her philosophy on manifestation and intention setting, and her experience with adoption and the expectation that comes with labels. If you’re looking for ideas on how to manifest and practice gratitude in the midst of personal struggles, or even just hear more insight from one of your favorite DEN instructors, then this is a great episode for you! Stay tuned after the episode as Laurasia leads us into a Loving Kindness/Self Compassion meditation. Want more from Laurasia but don’t live in Los Angeles? Check out her Intention Setting Workshop and learn how to set Intentions from the comfort of your own home.
“Gratitude reminds us that in the midst of not having this, what else do you have?” – Laurasia Mattingly.
- Self Compassion Meditation
- Number 1 teacher that’s the biggest influence in your life: Thich Nbat Hanh and Heather Prete
- What does your personal practice look like? Going in without an intention and turning towards myself asking what’s there and giving the space to feel.
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Write in 5 minute journal, list three things that you’re grateful for, three things that would make today great, positive affirmation. Before bed, 3 amazing things that happened, one thing you would do differently.
- What’s your current obsession? Boxing.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.