“The only difference between psychic and psychotic is that your information is right.” – Laura Day
We are thrilled to welcome best-selling author and psychic, Laura Day, to talk to us about the intuitive and healing abilities that exist in all of us! Laura describes her “day job” as working with companies to predict markets, decide who to hire, and any other changes that will help improve their business. With over 40 years in the “industry” Laura really knows what she’s talking about and she even shares some funny stories about the odd things companies have asked her to do or search for. However, she finds the most important and joyful part of her work to be helping both individuals and companies realize their own intuitive abilities through the workshops she teaches. We talk about the importance of creating community and plugging into that interconnectedness to find healing through each other. If you’re wondering how you can start using your own intuitive abilities, we discuss a process called “embodiment,” where you ask questions to identify your goal or wish and then run an experiment to see where your mind goes. Understanding how embodiment works and using mindfulness to be more fully in “you” can help with anxiety, depression, weight loss and more! Stick around to the end where she walks us through the rest of her personal practice called “The Circle,” which uses nine elements to help engage your intuition!
“Each one of us has an innate natural ability to be an alchemist.” – Laura Day
- 9 Elements of a Circle Practice
- What’s a type of meditation you rely on the most? Movement, any meditation that involves breath (like kundalini) or walking meditation, anything with repetition and action
- Do you journal or have any other daily practice? The circle, where you make a goal and put it through all nine steps.
- What is your current obsession? Social media
- What is your favorite self care hack? Cuddling, the nourishment of touch
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.