“To ignore suffering only causes more suffering.” – Paula Pavlova
We’re so excited to have Wellness Entrepreneur and Founder of Gaia Collective and Moonbox, Paula Pavlova, on DENtalks Podcast! Paula is a long time friend of The DEN and it was so fun to have her on the podcast while she was in town.
Paula was on a mission to figure out what was going on with her body, after countless failed doctor visits and failed attempts to figure out “the problem,” she ended up self diagnosing with Endometriosis. Finally having a diagnosis was only the first step in her long but impactful journey toward healing.
She shares about her experiences with both Eastern and Western doctors and techniques, the traps she felt she put herself into spiritually, how important it is for women to know pain while menstruating is NOT normal, how we hold trauma in the body, the awareness we all must have when it comes to numbing ourselves from our emotions, and the importance of fully feeling and processing painful experiences.
“I think that the body is healing itself at all times, we just get in its way a lot.” – Paula Pavlova
- Excision surgery
- Samson’s theory
- Robotic surgery for endometriosis
- Endometrial ablation
- Endo Belly
- If you had to say one book that has changed how you look at the world, what would it be? Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
- What does your morning practice look like? First thing I do when I wake up in the morning…I sing to my dog and my cat…I let them both jump in and I just start singing to them whatever comes to mind, like stream of consciousness… I make the bed, then I sit down on my meditation cushion…I do at least five minutes of breathwork which are completely inspired by pelvic floor drops…and then I do self reiki. I get up, make my coffee.
- Do you have a current obsession? Coffee, chia seeds, turmeric elixir from By Erika Elizabeth, pineapple
- If you were going to get a tattoo today, what would it be? All of my tattoos have been spontaneous in-the-moment things that I’ve decided to do. Maybe 11:11 because I parked the car at 11:11 and the meter had 11 minutes on it.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.