“Every relationship we will ever have begins with our relationship with ourself.” – Eden Tull
Today we have Zen meditation and Mindfulness teacher, Deborah Eden Tull, on DENtalks Podcast! Eden is the founder of Mindful Living Revolution, the author of Relational Mindfulness, an activist, a sustainability educator, and was once a Buddhist monk for several years. This episode is all about connection, relationships, and the changes we can make to live a happier life. How do we show up in relationships? How are we disconnected from each other and ourselves? Are we separating our meditation practice with our real life? This conversation touches on all of this and more as Eden discusses the conditioning we’ve been caught in, the duality of light and dark, what the small self is, living with no separation, being present, reactivity, and using meditation to connect all the dots. We are so lucky to have Eden at The DEN for a special day long in-house retreat, The Heart of Relational Mindfulness, on June 9th from 9am – 5pm where she will dive even deeper into all of these ideas behind Relational Mindfulness. It is a retreat you do NOT want to miss!
“Meditation and relational mindfulness invite us into a much more vast and powerful expression of self.” – Eden Tull
- Relational Mindfulness Meditation
- What is a helpful tip for a valuable meditation? To replace judgment with curiosity in your meditations.
- Current obsession? Relational Mindfulness, how we can as human beings return to our innate relational intelligence when so many individuals are craving this and our collective needs this.
- First thing you do when you wake up? Meditate with my husband.
- Favorite self-care hack? Pausing to go sit and deeply listen to the creek by my home.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.