“You can’t separate the mind and the body.” – Cara Jolly
This week’s episode is all about energy work, specifically acupuncture! We’re so excited to have Cara Jolly, Acupuncturist and Herbalist with us on DENtalks Podcast! She is the owner of GenerateShen Wellness, a boutique holistic healing center right around the corner from our DEN Meditation La Brea location! Cara began her journey in science, conducting research at UIC and NYU alongside prominent psychologists – however she realized the limited set of beliefs many scientists had and set off on a holistic path of healing. Having discovered acupuncture at a young age, Cara shares with us her story from science to eventually opening up her own Holistic Health center in Los Angeles. We dive into everything about acupuncture, from our energy bodies, what a meridian point is, how the acupuncture needles puncture fascia, some of her favorite miracle stories, and so much more! Cara even shares great tips on how to beat a cold the holistic way. Don’t miss her Personal Practice at the end of the episode where she shares her favorite Tara Brach quote.
“Everything that is happening in our body is bio-electrical energy and the acupuncture is simply tuning into that.” – Cara Jolly
- From Tara Brach
- Inspirational Teacher: Tara Brach
- Do you journal or have another daily practice? I like to wake up, light some palo santo, meditate in front of my vision board and alter, and I work with my Desire Map from Danielle Laporte
- Helpful tip for a valuable meditation: Don’t be so hard on yourself there’s no right way to meditate, do what resonates with you. Creating just a little space for your day goes so far and will shift you energetically.
- Favorite Self Care Hack: Acupuncture obviously, I am a huge fan of the Korean Spa, alternating hot and cold, and dry brushing
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.