“A committed spiritual practice is important for consistent development and maturation of the mind.” – Ben Decker
We are so excited to welcome our friend, Benjamin Decker, a founding teacher at DEN Meditation, author of Practical Meditation for Beginners, and leader of our Learn to Meditate online workshop at DENanywhere.com. Ben is a renowned meditation teacher and has dedicated his life to activism – he’s most recently been appointed the National Social Media Director for Marianne Williamson’s 2020 Presidential Campaign. His book, Practical Meditation for Beginners, breaks down ten beginner meditation techniques and makes meditation accessible to all. In this episode, you will learn how he’s become the man he is today – from growing up in a Mormon household where he is a direct descendant of Joseph Smith, the beliefs from Mormonism that he still holds to be true today, the mystical side of Mormonism, how he believes sexuality is a preference, the importance of a committed meditation practice, and how intuition is the key to everything in life. Don’t miss his Personal Practice where Ben leads us through a short Loving Kindness Meditation.
“Studying will help learn to ask the right questions and your intuition will guide you.” – Ben Decker
- Loving Kindness Meditation
- DENanywhere Learn to Meditate Workshop
- Practical Meditation for Beginners Book
- The Art of Happiness by Dali Lama
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray
- Early Mormonism and the Magic World View by D Michael Quinn
- Favorite Book: The Externalization of the Hierarchy by Alice A. Bailey
- Inspiration Teacher: Alan Watts
- Most helpful tip for a beginner meditator: Beginners Mindset, being actually opened and humble to learn.
- Type of meditation you rely on the most: Love and Kindness Meditation
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.