“My saving grace from bulimia was 12 step, yoga, and deep deep prayer.” – Aarona Lea
Mystical human and founder of The Moon Deck, Aarona Lea, joins us on DENtalks Podcast this week! Aarona is fresh from a transformative trip to Bali, where she was working on forgiveness and figuring out how to live unapologetically, intuitively with full trust, which we talk a lot about on this episode. Aarona grew up as a sensitive child fascinated by religion, God, and spirituality, we discuss the ways in which she relates to religion now and the power that prayer, ritual, and intention holds in her life today. She really opens up about her 10 year struggle with bulimia and how her saving grace was 12 step, yoga, and deep prayer – she even walks us through her daily prayer and gives tips about where to begin. We dive into how yoga and meditation have become staples in her life, how often many disorders are a series of unhealthy rituals, the importance of nourishing our adult imagination, and her tips on how to listen to your intuition. If you enjoyed this episode as much as we did and want to work on your intuitive trust through ritual, Aarona will be leading “The Power of Intuitive Ritual” workshop with us at The DEN on July 13th at our La Brea location! Be sure to stay until the end of the episode where Aarona leads us in an Intention meditation followed by a Moon Deck card reading for you at home!
“Intuition is not always light and fluffy.” – Aarona Lea
- Intention setting and Moon Deck card reading
- Do you journal or have another daily practice? Meditation is my non negotiable, big glass of water in the morning. I ebb and flow through journaling, I like to pick a moon deck card and journal about it.
- Favorite Self Care Hack? Rosehip oil, gua sha, and softening the energy right behind my eyes
- Type of meditation you rely on the most? Mindfulness meditation
- What is your current obsession? Bali and just cracking the code of how can I live in this place unapologetically, full trust, and crystal clear.
- Type of Meditation you rely on most?
Psychic Meditation which is energy tools, visual meditation which is also her personal practice
- Helpful tip for valuable meditation?
Focus on your breath, take the pressure off yourself that you have to do it right. Keep showing up and try different meditation to find what works for you.
- Self-Care Hack?
I make sure to clear everyone out of my space every night and get out into nature. I clear people’s energy by creating a bubble out infront of you, putting everyone from the day in that bubble, and then blow up the bubble. This gives the person their energy back.
- If you could give any piece of life advice what would it be?
If you don’t like how things are going, believe that you can change your perception and everything else will change.